August 29, 2005

I forgot what these are called



I drew these really fast. Ball point pen and printer paper.
I was waiting for Claire to get done with her work so we could go home.
The shading on the hummingbird's head was so fun. I always mess up that type of thing....a shaded pattern..with a pen. I can't believe how well it turned out.
Claire seems to identify with the top bird...nice and humble...and naturally i identify with death from above hummingbird.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how this was a direct product of Scott urging me to spend more time blocking out the shapes before diving into the details. If I were left to my own devices these birds would be living tragic lives with disproportionate heads and eyes too far apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are ridiculously pretty. you should spend more time working with pen and paint! xo.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. You are so good at sketching. ;_;